Thursday, March 25, 2010

Meet Stacy Hurt!

I met Stacy many years ago when she joined Quilts on the Wall: Fiber Artists. She is a wonderful quilt artist and we share a love of ravens and crows. It is always special to see her share a new piece, and I am always amazed at the beautiful calligraphy that she includes on many of her quilts.

Stacy has her own blog, and had additional work on the Quilts on the Wall website. Hope you enjoy her words and photos here and click through to see more!

In her own words:
The colors and textures of quilting draw me further into my textile experience even more than all the embroidery I've done; crocheting; knitting, and calligraphy. In my art quilts, I like to blend the passion of each of these disciplines. Mixing the media of everyday objects, fabric, graphic images and icons has taught me to look at the world with different eyes. I enjoy the challenge of blending my calligraphic art into the fabric medium and creating images that are more in depth and, paradoxically, more ethereal than just pen and ink on paper.

2 comments:

Mary Tabar said...

I would like to meet Stacy! I have seen her work all over

Annie said...

I have always found your work so inspiring. I would love to have even 1/10th of your talent! Keep doing what you do so well.