Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More Seattle Adventures

Am off this morning to help hang an upcoming exhibit for Quilts on the Wall: Fiber Artists. Jeanette Kelly is curating this for our group and I know she has worked long and hard to get this all pulled together. I'm looking forward to seeing it all in place.... But, in the meantime I wanted to share a few more of my Seattle moments. First off is getting a chance to meet Vickie Swann who had sent a pix of a quilt she had made from my book. Turned out she lives in Tacoma and was able to ferry over to Vashon and spend the day with my when I presented to Vashon Island Quilters. The photo was taken in the amazing quilt store there in Vashon. Over 6,000 bolts of fabric! and yarn, too! The last two pixs are from my visit to Shipwreck Beads. A bit south of Seattle, very close to Olympia but SOOOOO worth the drive. Just be prepared to spend some time for the place is huge, and the folks that work there are incredibly helpful. It a family owned business, and wouldn't you know it but I ran into one of them right off the bat. The bag of beads purchased there was the heaviest thing in my suitcase as I headed home. Better run. ~Rose

2 comments:

Kimberly Mason said...

I remember my first visit to Shipwreck Beads (I live about an hour south), it was an overwhelming experience! I have since learned to bring a lunch and take a break. *g*

Rose Hughes said...

the cafe inside now has much better food than on my first visit. My sister and I were able to share a great salad... but you're right about the need for a break... if only to make final choices.