Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Quilt Show - Episode 413

Is it really June!?
It is and I have been too busy trying to update and email to get the word out about stuff happening this month. First, and probably the thing I have been looking forward to for almost a year, it the airing of my episode on Fast-Piece Applique, on The Quilt Show. For those unaware this is a webcast tv style magazine (I guess that kind of sums it up). The guest stars are Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson, and I had a ton of fun visiting LaVeta, CO last fall to film my episode with them.

While Ricky and Alex were wonderful, the crew and staff of The Quilt Show were also delightful, and I was lucky enough to share my episode with Clare O'Donohue. She and I were both there with our first books. Mine
Dream Landscapes, and Clare's The Lover's Knot! Both of us had a great time! Besides the excitement of being filmed and the live audience there were the visting ghosts at the LaVeta Inn, and a black bear, too!

Clare's mystery was wonderful and she is now writing her third book, with her second due out in September. There's always time for a good mystery and when you add the quilting scene as your backdrop it's not surprising what will happen.


There are other things happening soon that make this month special.

Over the weekend of June 12 thru 14 I will be hosting my SUMMERTIME OPEN STUDIO.

This year the theme will be all about color and there will be a couple of fun color projects to try your hand at while you're there.

Also, this month is the first time I am offering STUDIO WORKSHOPS.
This first 2-Day workshop is scheduled for June 27 &28.

Join me for Dream Landscapes. Limited to 4 students. $150 (lunch provided).

CLICK HERE TO GET FURTHER INFO AND DIRECTIONS!


Happily stitchin', writin' and jumpin'!

~Rose

No comments: