Friday, March 4, 2011

One Word Adventure -

Claudia took a shine to this week's word -- SCREW.
She set her clock and first came up with her list, and then put her little story together. Note, that the listed words are bolded.  THANKS Claudia for sharing!

Using Screw

I was watching a screwball comedy featuring Lucille Ball when my husband, the carpenter, walked in. He was working on repairs while I was nursing a screwdriver.

"Have you seen the phillips head screwdriver?" he asked. "There's a broken screw in my wood project and I can't budge it. I had it screwed down as tight as a screw can be and it snapped off. Or the threads on the screw stripped, or the sharp screw point broke, or I need a flat head screwdriver to pry that rusty screw loose."

Not wanting to leave my cocktail, I asked him "Did you check by the screw jar collection? Or maybe it's with the wiring project you were working on. Or try by the metal cabinet, the doors are open and you might find that shiny tool in there."

Sure enough he came back and said he'd screwed up when he screwed in the silver screw, but he found a new project with a screw loose.

"Don't get sidetracked, you screwy guy! We need to take the dogs to the zoo!"

No comments: