Sunday, October 24, 2010

Framery Gallery -Quilting is Art Exhibit

It has been a busy week since I returned from PIQF, and I have been happily getting ready for my trip next week to Houston for Quilt Market.  The weather has cooperated, for feeling like fall it has been cool and wet, and made being in the studio feel extra cozy. Yesterday though I took a break from all the studio work and headed over to the gallery for Demo Day. It was a lot of fun and I came a way with more than a few ideas to try out for myself.


From across the gallery I heard Stacy explaining just how much practice calligraphy takes, and then creating it on fabrics just making it even more special.

Suanne whipped up all sorts of wonder fabrics and textiles into little dolls. While...

Trish & David Charity were just having way too much fun. Gloves on, up to their elbows in alcohol based inks - Trish using all sorts of color sources on fabrics, and David using these inks on metals - (he was even recycling the metal trays from those tv dinner thingys).

I was there demonstrating beading but took some time out to visit the other artists and snap these pictures and (of course) check out what they were working on.

It was a great day in the gallery and those attending all walked away with some 'new' knowledge.

2 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

If only I could be in two places at one time. It looks like I missed some excellent demos.

Rose Hughes said...

there was a lot of things happening this weekend and I know this feeling about wanting to split in half.... if only -- hope you had fun a what ever you had the opportunity to do.