Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ethereal/Material - Moving Forward

I believe that I am pretty much caught up with most of fun spots from July -- though you never know when something else may slip in. This past Tuesday was hanging day for the latest exhibit I am part of - Ethereal/Material in Anaheim CA. Everything went up beautifully and it was great having a hanging staff there.

At the end we had to borrow a couple of hammers in order to take our traditional 'hammer shot' of all us. Linda Carlson joined us for this exhibit and it's wonderful to have her sculptural pieces as part of this exhibit, too.


Behind us are four 12x60 pieces created specially for these niches -- mine is the one on the furthest right. A small slice of a labyrinth that I call 'A Piece of the Puzzle'. The opening reception is next week, but the exhibit will be up through September -- hope you can stop by if you're in the area.

1 comment:

Ballygarrett Art Studio said...

I'd love a closer look at your quilt. It has your color palette.
I love the title. Best of luck with the exhibition.