Saturday, December 5, 2009

Quilts & Open Studio

This week has been crazy busy. I have been working on all sorts of fun things for my upcoming Open Studio. Not only will there be fun art to see, food & drinks to enjoy, but a fun way to show someone how much you appreciate them... How? Well, I always love to have a little hands on project during my open studio and this year we'll be creating postcards... OK, why a postcard?

Thru my recent Twitter-rompings I befriended a woman in Ir
eland-Roisin is the creator of an event called The Global Gratitude Postcard Project. You can read about by clicking on the project title, and you can be part of it by making a postcard at my open studio! We'll make them, snap a photo and give you a stamp so you can send your words of gratitude out there into the world!

The other part of the crazy-busy's this week
for me have been working on
two large pieces. One is a commission piece, and I am happy to say that it is done... the last of the bead were added, binding stitched just in time to have it's picture taken to show you all here. The second of the larger pieces is being made for a Kaufman Fabric invitational. Right now this quilt has been couched and machine quilted and is awaiting stitching and beading. Beading in this instance may not really cover it, for I'll be creating some specialized leaves from air-dry clay that will be stitched in place as well, BUT that is for another day!

I hope you enjoy seeing the quilts done & in progress,
and if you're around I hope you stop by for my Open Studio next weekend. Dec 11-13.

See you soon!
~Rose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful, Rose. Really gorgeous. Wish I could see them in person. Nice job!

Rose Hughes said...

thanks Aaron-someday in person--something to work towards

joanell said...

amazing as always.

jsarach said...

These are magnificant! Sorry to have missed your openhouse. I also had a crazy December.
Now starting to work on a quilt started last April.
Jo