Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What ever became of winter

This past week, like everyone else here in the US, I've been busy with family, friends and of course food. My big contribution to our TG festivities was pumpkin pies...having mastered the family recipe people just drop off their pie plates for filling. Six pies later, and an email picture sent off to my sister in Hong Kong for holidays, I was done.

I even had a few minutes to put my mom to work pinning 'winter'...


She's headed home today...and I'll be picking out yarns to begin the couching.
...just in case you've not had enough pie here's a bit more!




3 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'm glad that you got to visit with your mom. Looking forward to the finished piece.

Rose Hughes said...

thanks Val... today it is on to couching. Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

natalie. beyond the reef said...

What a beautiful picture.....mothers are so special...