Thursday, June 2, 2011

Queen of Clouds


This seemed like a funny name, but several of my students this past week in Asilomar told me that they love the clouds as they are stitched in my quilts...hmmm...got me thinking. That aside this group of quilters (literally from around the world) was an amazing group. They jumped right in from the start and were able to go up as a group on day 2 to show their 'trainer' quilts... and from there they went on to create some really wonderful quilts from their landscape photo choices.

The picture below is the group (minus one - Ruth, left a bit early and missed the picture, but hers are wonderful, too).
In the slideshow each of the students appears with their project... guarantee you'll enjoy clicking through them.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A slideshow design by Smilebox

Finally, I heard from the group many times about the clouds and I must admit that I truly love to watch, and pay attention to clouds, their color and presence .... maybe there will be an upcoming booklet of cloud images. I know the skies as I drove home yesterday were truly inspiring - do you agree.?


for now, I am home working at least for a bit and will be enjoying the skies close to home.

1 comment:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

There's just something about watching clouds that makes the time pass and the day wonderful! Looks like everyone had a great time at your workshop Rose!