Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Student Work - Sarah Brewin

Sarah is an amazing woman-- living in Massachusetts she reaches out to help women in Kenya learn how to support themselves through a love of fabric. Her quilt is based on pictures she took during one of her many, many trips to that area. Presenting here ... Acacia Tree in the Mara



Sarah's Words:
All is well here, I finally finished my Acacia Tree from the workshop in September – attached a picture for you to see. I love it. Did lots of beading and had a wonderful time doing it. I was out of work for 9 weeks this winter – had foot surgery and couldn’t do much of anything. I have developed a new respect for feet!
The Basket project is going well – we finally have our web site finished check it out www.friends4kenya.org and I am planning on going back to Kenya the end of June... can’t get there any sooner.

No comments: