Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Yeah it is Spring!

Thank you Amy for the wonderful sharing of quilts through this Bloggers Quilt Festival, and all the others! I do love participating. This time around I am sharing a very special quilt -- recently completed --- though, it has been 20 years in the coming to fruition.



I call this quilt A Long Ago Wedding -- and I made it this year to commemorate my own wedding to my husband (David) -- Wedding vows taken in the little chapel below Half Dome in Yosemite. On a March day-fresh with newly fallen snow. I shared the whole process of seeing this come together over the last few months here on my blog. The last posting included links to each of the others, so I if you do want to read-all-about-it you can.

I feel really grateful to have had a chance to finish this piece and share some of my fondest memories through it, and I do hope you enjoy seeing it.

13 comments:

little pink moth said...

I love this quilt! My husband and I planned our wedding in the same chapel eleven years ago. We changed venue last minute to include more family and were married in Idaho. Seeing your quilt brought back some great memories. Thank you for sharing.

Marika said...

Very beautiful quilt work

Christie describeHappy said...

I really like this one! I had no idea that it was a 20 year process... well worth the wait I say!

Karen M said...

Love this! It's a perfect fairy tale quilt.

Pattilou said...

Thanks for sharing your special quilt. It is beautiful!!

Eileen said...

Beautiful...as is everything you do. A friend and my husband take great pictures that I'm hoping to turn into quilts using your and others' ideas. Trying to get brave enough to start. Thanks so much for sharing your anniversary quilt and congratulations

rlbates said...

Beautiful!

Vicki said...

Beautiful quilt!

Rose Hughes said...

thanks for all the comments - little pink moth: I had family that tried to change my venue, too...but, I held fast...& Eileen sometimes we just have to take a deep breathe and jump into our courage. Funny, once you get started things seem to fall into place.

stitchinpenny said...

A beautiful quilt to reinforce a wonderful memory. I love both weddings and your quilt.

Millie said...

I was looking at the thumbnail images of all the quilts in the Spring 2011 Festival, and I saw yours and thought... that looks like Half Dome!! And I was right! I've been to Yosemite, and you did a lovely job on your quilt.

Letterpress said...

Very fun. One of my best memories is a church service in that little chapel in Yosemite, singing How Great Thou Art. The quilt is lovely and such a perfect representation of the loveliness of that site.

Elizabeth E. #508
http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

Karen said...

I Love your work. This is so beautiful. What a wonderful memory!