Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Seeing Red

The Guardian (Edgar)
My Thanksgiving weekend was quite busy and I had a great time with friends and family, and by the time Sunday rolled around I was really ready for some quiet time. Luckily for me, I had nowhere where I had to be and a quilt that was calling out-ready to be beaded. So Sunday was spent with thread, needle -BEADs, and a couple of happy cats. Happy of course that mom was sitting in one place long enough to cuddle in. I do wish this type of day for everyone. While sitting and stitching on Sunday ideas of all sorts entered my head, but the ones that kept bubbling to the top all revolved around a series of red pieced panels..... so as Monday rolled in, I pulled out the bin of red silks and got to work.
picking the fabrics
turning them into strips
and then into small pieced canvases

2 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Nice eye candy to wake up to on Tuesday morning Rose. I'm glad you got some cat and beading down time, too.

Rose Hughes said...

oh, how I am grateful for that time... it's been so busy I hardly know where that day came from. Thanx for the comments Valerie - have a wonderful week!