Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quilt Art Commission

This week I finally began to see a light... be it small, and way down the a seemingly endless tunnel... Yeah, there is light!

During my Tuesday play group we had the opportunity to open close to 200 packages, sent in by quilt artists all around the world to participate in the
SAQA@20 Trunk Show. Boy, there were moments when each of us held up a piece that just could not be missed. It was like Christmas all over again. After this was done, I was able to pull out a wonderful commission piece that I have been working on. It is being designed for a public space in the Seattle area. Pictures of the Cascades were provided and they also wanted to have the piece include roses... big, bold roses.

It was great to finally get to sewing on this project, for it is so much fun to stitch all those bright colored pieces of fabrics together and watch as they begin to take shape. The photos here are of the rose section of the quilt top, and I actually got the top done!

On Friday I headed off to The Quilters Studio (
http://www.quiltersstudio.com/ ) to teach a brand new workshop called My Summer Vacation. It's a workshop designed so everyone can pull together photos and memorabilia from that special trip. Will tell you more about it later.

~Rose


No comments: