Saturday, May 26, 2012

Generation Q??

Over the last year there has been growth on Modern Quilt front. More fabric, more quilt designers and more incredible quilts being made in this 'new' way. Those of us who have been around for time and a bit have had mixed feelings about these quilters - sewists (yes, this is what they are calling themselves). BUT, regardless of where you are in the quilt world timeline, and no matter what you call yourself you'll want to check out this new magazine. Generation Q, is a different type of quilt magazine. There is interesting stuff, funny stuff, yummy stuff and delightfully, refreshing quilts.

Being one who suffered in the past over what to call myself... quilter, art quilter, fiber artist, quilt artist.... I find there is a lot more that we are about than what we call ourselves, and I love that the quilt world keeps spinning out new, wonderful ways to create those much loved thingies made of fabric, thread and batting.

The Generation Q magazine had it's launch at the Spring Quilt Market in Kansas City, and I am proud to say that they chose to feature my home, my studio and myself in their first issue. I would suggest getting your hands on one soon.



You'll find the article about me starts on page 27,
and what am I calling myself now?
I am, and always will be, a STITCHER.

Happily stitching,
~Rose




2 comments:

Linda's Art Quilts said...

All of your raven quilts are stunning but I am absolutely enchanted by #13. Yum!

Rose Hughes said...

thanks Linda, I'll make sure your name gets in the pot to win the raven and that your vote gets counted!