Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Today in the Studio -

My mind-mapping aside and my admin branch under-construction I am happily able to give you an update on the commission piece coming together in the studio. The piece is really three pieces that when measured as a whole will be 9ft wide and 6ft long. Good thing I have a open wall space in the back studio.

This month and next will continue to be busy and while I work on these pieces I will also be running off to teach and prepping for my two-week teaching cruise to Hawaii. BUSY... but loads of fun.

I have also heard from so many of you that have taken a class, or learned Fast-Piece Applique from my books that I am working on feature for the blog - Friday-Fast-Piece Applique Spotlight. First up, this Friday, will be Melanie Wilson who has used the FPA methods to stitch her McCall's Quilt Design Star 2011 winner, and others winning quilts, too!


In the meantime you've been patient with me as I have been moving along on the commission works so to catch you up I'm giving you a pictorial overview starting at the beginning.
The patterns are drawn -- and await all that comes next.
Bins and stacks - fabric everywhere is pulled for selection.
ok, students -- here is my set(s) of numbers to help keep me sane during in the selection process.
After all the sorting and auditioning these are the selected fabrics.
On to cutting the pattern(s) apart -- do you know what comes next?

3 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Wow! It's going to be really wonderful, Rose! I'm looking forward to the updates.

Rose Hughes said...

thanks Val - it is quite a fun piece.

Analeerose said...

Love the three piece structure....ideas forming in my head....
Will enjoy getting your cruise thoughts in your blog!