Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday's Teaser - Grab Your Sketchbook

Those of you who follow me on Facebook or Twitter have undoubtedly seen me talking for the last few days about my missing to-do book. I admit that I am a list-maker and enjoy crossing things off the list when they are done. I also enjoy adding things to the list...especially when they may be new & exciting things. But, this little book is one of many in a long line that I carry with me year after year. Beyond the to-do aspect of the note taking, it is a place where I sketch out ideas and work through details. I have looked high and low for my most current book and now realize that it is choosing to remain hidden. I am mourning its loss just a bit, but have bought a new one and figure it was meant for me to start this year out totally 'fresh'.

I love the idea and practice of carrying and using a to-do, sketch-idea book, and these Tuesday's Teasers are another way to encourage the creative juices. Each one of these 'teasers' is hand-picked from a basket during the weekly meeting of my design-group. We may grimace a bit at the one picked, but sometimes the one that seems most foreign pulls from us the something wonderful or something new.


The Tuesday Teaser subject this week is:
Dancing with Fred Astaire


  Join in fun, and share with others your own Tuesday Teaser
drawing & collage, or words & short tale.
It’s easy, so grab your sketchbook or some paper.
1. make a timed drawing (5 minutes) of something/ anything that comes to mind when you think about the teaser
2. create a collage (15 minutes) using the drawing ideas to guide your way

Or if you love is of words…
1. make a list of all the words this week’s teaser makes you think up (5 minutes)
2. create a short tale (15 minutes) using your word list


I'll be posting the design group's sketchbook results on Monday-next.
I'd love to share yours, too so email your drawings or word wanderings to me... Tuesday Teaser and I'll include as many as possible!

2 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

Great idea Rose. I really need to spark my creativity.

I'm sorry about your lost book!

Rose Hughes said...

thanks Jane - am already RE-starting a new book - hope you try this out and share what you come up with