Sunday, May 10, 2009

More Seeing & Collecting

Hi All-
It has been a fun week with lots of meeting with this person and that and sharing and catching up.




It
has included birthday celebrations and visits with mom, having fun with the play group... trying out the new Texture Magic product from Superior Threads (more, definitely more on this to follow), working night & day to finish up my Whether You Think You Can or You Can't, You're Right quilt for submission into an exhibition opportunity for Quilts On The Wall, fitting in time to work on chapter 3 of my NEW BOOK (more, definitely more on this also will follow), and the all the other stuff that happens. It is in the part where all that other stuff happens that I had found some wonderful and fun images to share with you know. I think you get that I have been looking for texture and pattern in all things around me right now, but I was just hanging out at the mall, waiting for my husband to finish up getting his eyeglasses that I ran into an intriguing sight. Not one or two, or three but a whole big rack of giant gumball dispensers filled with large, colorful stuff... which of course had me gleefully enjoying the mall outing. There were pink ones, and red ones, round ones and funky shaped ones as well, but I really loved the purple ones and of course the GREENS. And just as my mind was finishing up the focus on the colorful shapes creating wonderful patterns, I notices how the silver plate and knobs of the gumball machines themselves were a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Happy Mother's Day!
Happily Stitching & Collecting,
~Rose




No comments: