Friday, September 16, 2011

Let's Talk




Deadlines of my own choosing have been keeping me quite busy..and this week I'm gearing up for a Sew-In at my house on Saturday (omg-that's tomorrow). So as much as I might like to head to the beach with my chair and book in hand for a quiet afternoon it isn't going to happen. BUT, I had heard such great things about Jeanette Kelly's solo exhibit that opened last week in Anaheim, I just had to head on over.

Jeanette is a member of my Tuesday design group and we have been aware of how much work she has been doing to get this together... it should not be missed.

She is presenting the works as a conversation about art quilts and fiber works, I would say it is a conversation with these works. If you have an opportunity to see the show, you will not be disappointed... and don't forget to become part of the exhibit yourself by adding your own words to the conversation about Why Art?







Jeanette Kelly: Let's Talk
at Soft Expressions Upstairs Gallery
1230 N Jefferson St #M
Anaheim, CA 92807
Mon - Fri 10am - 4pm


3 comments:

Mia Bloom Designs said...

Hi Rose-I saw Jeanette's exhibit this past Saturday. It's an incredible body of artwork. Love the direction she is going.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Thanks for the heads up about Jeanette's exhibit. It looks great, and I'm going to try to get over there. I hope that the new book is coming along well :-)

Rose Hughes said...

I also thought it great to see Jeanette' work all together and I know she'll love getting comments. This weekend Val I'm having a sew in and some friends are coming to help stitch, stitch, stitch on some of the book projects....I say this is very well!