Monday, September 20, 2010

New England Fun - More Catching Up!

Last week I headed off to New England - Franklin, MA and I had a wonderful week with the Rhododendron Needlers Quilt Guild (RNQG). There I met some wonderful quilters and had a great time. I first shared my lecture, Color It Bold with the guild membership. There, members joined in the making of our human color wheel and proceeded to try out different color theories. This was followed with my two-day Dream Landscape workshop....
here some travel pictures that showed up of Ireland, Africa, the Caribbean and even some of closer to home favorites like Nantucket and backyard gardens. All were worked up into fabric designed pieces!

A very special part of this trip was the adoption of my new best friend Sarah, and her partner (in quilts) Sharon. These woman have been working on their own 'world' quilt project that I wanted to share with you.

It's a bit of story on it's own and I'll be posting more about it later in the week. For just a hint today, I'll tell you it involves travel to Africa(lots!). And, for just a visual temptation I'm including here some photos of quilts that Sharon has been working on that include hand painted panels of African scenes. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: