Monday, September 7, 2009

Happily Laboring

It's Labor Day, and a beautiful Monday morning it is! Looks like the temp around here today will be slightly cooler making it only to a high of 77. We'll take it... especially after a week of hot & humid.

The weekend so far has been a lot of fun and there has been plenty of time to visit with family and friends
mixed in with just enough time for me to 'play' in the fabric. I have been longing for some time to just play and I finally got a chance (and am planning this to continue), so I thought I would share some a bit of what I have going at the moment. The photos here show the piece as it has been progressing.
First, is the pile of fabrics.... then the base quilt stitched up....
with just an idea of the stitching details starting to come into place...

then there is the pile of woolie gem bases that I had a lot of fun felting yesterday...
lastly is a picture that shows a bit of the placement that the woolies will take,


BUT there i
s a lot more stitching and beading that has to happen first. I'll be getting to the beads somewhere between coffee this morning and the potluck party this afternoon.

Hope you all are having a great, fun holiday weekend as well!

Very Happily Stitchin, ~Rose

No comments: