Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving is Coming



Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. You can tell around my house since mom flew in yesterday. Talk has turned to recipes and shopping lists, but mom knew before she came that she would be helping me in the studio as well this week. Between commission pieces, my new pattern samples and exhibition deadlines I have several projects underway… not to mention my ‘for myself’ piece based on the desert sketches just made.

Mom dove right in yesterday and has me working to keep up this Saturday morning. I’ve been selecting fabric with the hope that I can pull everything together for 'eyes skyward' to keeping moving along.


If not I can always make a quick stop in Downtown LA to buy any ‘needed’ fabric on my way to meet up with the family by
http://www.olvera-street.com/ . I am looking forward to winding my way through the shops on Olvera Street. I’ll be searching out interesting embellishments, and I'll be sure to share anything I find with you here later on.

My upcoming interview with Kimberly Wulfert on http://womenonquilts.blogspot.com is all set and ready to for December 3rd. I'm looking forward to chatting with Kim, whom I've known for a long, long quilterly time, but what I like best is that anyone can participate and ask their own questions 'live'.

Wish me luck with my shopping adventures. ~Rose


1 comment:

natalie. beyond the reef said...

Recipes and shopping lists.
Kinda like quilting.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress and your schedule.

Can't wait to see/hear about the interview.

Can we get a link?
Natalie.